1. What do I get for my entry fee?
All 14k & 6K entrants will receive a technical shirt. All Cupid's 1k entrants will receive a short sleeve cotton t-shirt. All 14k finishers will receive a finisher gift, and all female 14k finishers will also receive a flower. Finishers of all 3 races will receive a medal. All participants are invited to the post race festivities which include post-race food, Yuengling beer and live music. Be sure to bring your race number as that serves as your ticket for beer and food.
2. How can I sign up for the events?
Click here to register.
3. What are the age limits for the races?
For Cupid's 1k it is for ages 2 - 10. For the 14k, the minimum age is 7 and for the Sweetheart 6k, the minimum age is 3. We encourage participants of all ages to join us!
4. Will there be a relay this year?
No, however we do have a couples option for the VIFL 14k and Sweetheart 6K. Each couples team is open to two participants who will run the entire 14k or 6k together.
5. Are the races walker friendly?
Yes, we will have plenty of participants who will walk.
6. Where can I find a course map?
Click here to see course maps.
7. What will the weather be like in Virginia Beach during February?
The average high is 55 degrees and the average low is 33 degrees during February.
8. What can I do before and after the race?
There are many fun things to do during race weekend. Check out www.visitvirginiabeach.com.
9. Will I receive a refund if I cannot attend?
There are absolutely no refunds, no exceptions.
10. Are baby joggers or strollers allowed during the race?
If you choose to run with a baby jogger, you must seed yourself in the last corral - in the back of all other runners. It is your responsibility to make sure the baby jogger does not impede other runners, and you must take extra precaution to ensure your safety, your child's safety and the safety of the runners around you. We reserve the right to pull any person from the race who is endangering other runners or themselves.
11. Are pets allowed during the race?
No. This is to ensure runner safety and comply with liability insurance policies.
12. Are headphones (iPods, mp3 players, etc) allowed during the race?
Headphones are allowed for any runner who is not competing for a cash prize. However, we do request that runners abstain from using headphones during the race.
13. Can I transfer my registration to another runner?
No. J & A Racing Inc. has a no transfer policy. It is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant. If race organizers become aware that a runner has participated in one of our events with a bib that is not registered to that runner, both the runner and the person whom the bib is registered will be prohibited from participating in subsequent J & A Racing Inc. events for a minimum of two years.
Minimum Two-Year Event Ban for Unauthorized Runners
Our past races have been marred by numerous participants running under the guise of someone else's race number. While this may seem harmless to the parties perpetrating the unauthorized bib transfer, it does convey serious consequences to the organizers and participant field alike.
From race results to finishers' awards being impacted as well as medical staff being able to correctly identify participants in need of treatment, it is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant.
Thus, if race organizers become aware that a runner has participated in one of our events wtih a bib that is not registered to that runner, both the runner and the person to whom the bib is registered will be prohibited from participating in subsequent J & A Racing events for a minimum of two years.
Packet Pick Up:
14. How will I receive my race packet? Race packets must be picked up in person. If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race number - NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be allowed to pick up a family member's packet without a note if you have the same last name and you must have your ID to do so. We will not mail your race packets. You may pick up your packet during one of the following times:
Friday, February 14, 2014 from 2:00-8:00pm at the Virginia Beach Field House
Saturday February 15, 2014 from 7:00-9:00am at the Virginia Beach Field House
15. Can someone else pick up my packet for me? Yes. If you are unable to pick up your own race packet, you may authorize another person to pick up your packet/bib number. The authorized individual MUST have their own photo ID, a signed and printed authorization form, and a copy of the participant's photo ID. The signed authorization form MUST be printed, we will NOT accept any authorization via phone, text message, or any other electronic device. The copy of the photo ID may be via text, email, or photo copy. NO EXCEPTIONS! If the authorized individual is missing any of these items, we will not release the packet/bib number, NO EXCEPTIONS. AUTHORIZATION FORM HERE.
16. Where is the Virginia Beach Field House?
2157 Landstown Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
Click here for directions.
17. Can I register on race day?
No, there will be no race day registration. If the race has not sold out prior, you will be able to register at packet pickup on the Friday before the race.
18. Do you take credit cards for registration on Friday?
No, we only accept cash and checks for registration.
19. Will there be water stops?
Yes, there will be water stops at approximately every 2 miles.
20. Will there be Gatorade and energy gels on the course?
No, there will only be water stops available.
We will not offer any energy gels on the course.
21. Where can we park for the races?
You may park at the Virginia Beach Field House if you arrive before 8:00am (recommended) and if the parking lot is not full. After 8:00am, or if it fills, the parking at the Virginia Beach Field House will be closed to prepare for the start of the race. The best place to park after 8:00am is the parking lots adjacent to the amphitheater less than a half a mile away. Please make sure to give yourself plenty of time to park and work your way over to the start line.
22. What are the event start times?
Sweetheart 6k 8:00 am
VIFL 14k 9:00 am
Cupid's 1k 9:15 am
23. Is there a dry bag check?
Yes, we will have dry bag check inside the Virginia Beach Field House.
24. What time should I be there?
The roads leading into parking at the Field House will close by 7:45am. If arriving later than 7:30, plan to go down Concert Dr. and park at Farm Bureau Live (Virginia Beach Amphitheater) and walk to the start. The start is approximately 1/2 mile from the Farm Bureau Live parking lots..
25. What times do the roads re-open?
The roads will re-open at approximately 11:30 am.
26. Is there a time limit?
The course is open for 2.5 hours so all participants must maintain a 17 minute per mile pace.
27. Will there be an awards ceremony?
There will not be an awards ceremony at the post-race party.
We will mail out all awards two weeks following the race once winners have been verified. There are no awards for the Cupid's 1k fun run.
28. Will the race be timed?
The VIFL 14k and Sweethearts 6k will be timed by J&A Racing. The Cupids 1k is a fun run and will not be timed.